I Don't Do Mornings, Do I?

I really do wish I were a morning person.  I do.  Truth is, I don't do mornings.  I find that late at night is my quiet time to get things done.  The house is still. The air is cool.  I am generally alone with my thoughts.  I can write. Or read. Or pray. Or whatever.

And yet, I really do wish I were a morning person.  Especially on those mornings, like today, when I actually get myself up and out of the house for a walk before 8 a.m.  (Yes, I know all you true morning afficianados are laughing your heads off right now... hey, it's a start!  The 6 a.m. walk just isn't in my vocabulary yet.) I admire those people who can get up before dawn and utilize that quiet time for study and prayer, writing, and exercising.  Perhaps some day that will be me.  On days when I actually pull off accomplishing something of substance before 9:00 a.m. I am so happy!  Like today.  Truth be told, my motivation for climbing out of bed on a Saturday morning was to quietly stand back and make sure my son made it to work by 8.  Turns out, I didn't need to do that - he was right on schedule with getting up and out the door.  But I'm awake now, sooooo. 

Walk the dog.. that's it!  I took Woody for his mile (at 12, that's about all he can do), and he was ecstatic!  I enjoyed the coolness of the morning, the way the flowers turn their heads towards the sun, the lady with the hyper dog who spends her walk avoiding any one with another dog, noticing how many people have silly lawn ornaments (that's another post in itself, I think), and listening to worship tunes on my iPod.  Spectacular!  After Woody's mile, I dropped him off and continued on my way for 2 more.  Yes, I think I would like to be a true morning person someday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#firstworldproblems

Guitar in Hand

The REAL Bridge to Nowhere is not in Alaska!